Skip to main content

'The Company You Keep' and 'Now You See Me'

Today, I have two new trailers to share with everyone. I am going to start with the one I am particularly excited about. Let's get going!

'The Company You Keep'. A new movie directed and starring Robert Redford. I feel like I could stop there and that would be enough to make me watch this movie. But no there is more. Shia LaBeouf is also in this movie. Now, we all know that Shia has made some pretty bad career choices in the past. 'Indiana Jones 4' and all those wretched 'Transformer' movies have made me doubt his acting and his ability to choose a good script. But he has so much potential! If anyone can take Shia and make him shine it would be Robert Redford. Seriously. On top of all that Sam Elliot is in the movie too! So, before I have even started looking at the plot line I am sold on cast alone. Can you see why I'm so excited? Let's watch the trailer then talk about the story a bit.



See what I mean? It looks great! I love a good suspense movie and this looks like it will fit the bill. In the trailer they hint at some sort of heist. Robert Redford's character appears to be connected to the heist although I get the feeling he didn't do anything wrong per se. Shia is an upstart news reported who is poking his nose into private business, like reporters do. I get the impression that Shia and Robert will team up at some point and it will be awesome! It's a great premise. There is so much potential and a pair of very skilled hands are directing it! I predict that this is going to be a good one!

Moving on! 'Now You See Me'. Trailer first.



I guess I am in a heist mood today huh? Well, this one is also a magic movie, which I tend to love. I feel like the trailer leaves a lot unsaid which is great! I don't want to know the plot twists, I don't want to know anything. This is one of those fun movies where you get to try and figure it out. The cast is pretty solid. Everyone is capable and convincing. Jesse Eisenberg, who played Mark Zuckerberg in 'The Social Network' appears to be working the 'obnoxious know-it-all' angle again. Fortunately, he is good at it! I'm not 100% confident with this one. Sometimes Hollywood will go too far with these kinds of movies and it'll be ridiculous. Hopefully not! We will have to wait and see! I think it'll at least be a good romp even if it's not some breathtaking mind-bender. I'm sure I'll see it either way! See you next time everyone!

I have seen, and written a review for 'Now You See Me'.

I have seen, and written a review for 'The Company You Keep'.

Comments

  1. ROBERT REDFORD!! Oh, how I adore movies he directs and stars in. Cannot wait. There are a LOT of big names in that movie. I'll watch it with you, Cassie! *grins*

    And the second movie, Now You See Me, looks intense and puzzling. Yes! I hope it's as fun as it looks.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stellar casts in both! I would love to see Shia LaBouef get back on track and I LOVE Stanley Tucci!

    I saw the Now You See Me trailer a while back and I have extremely high hopes for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessamyn: Yeah, the Now You See Me trailer has been playing in theatres for a month or two now. I had to wait till more information came out about it before I felt like suggesting it. :) And the casts are so great! There are too many actors to even mention.

    Cherie: I know, Robert Redford!! I am so very pleased! I will be seeing that one ASAP! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug ~ An Abomination

Hello, everyone! I finally managed to get myself to the theatre to see 'The Desolation of Smaug'! As most of you probably remember,  I pretty much hated the first 'Hobbit' movie.  Well, this one is even worse! Congratulation Peter Jackson, you outdid yourself. Your selfish, egotistical direction style has managed to absolutely destroy the middle section of the beloved Hobbit story. Let's get started on the details shall we? First! I know this has been talked about by everyone, but the High Frame Rate! It's distracting and clunky. I'm my opinion, it make everyone look like they were moving ever so slightly in fast forward. Also, it generally made the film quality look like a made-for-TV movie. I watched the first Hobbit in 2D so this was my first encounter with this laborious beast. They never should have done it. Second, the Hobbit feet. WHY WHY WHY? Why did they make his feet swollen to a comical, ridiculous level? They are meant to be hairy and tough,

Emergency at the Pony Express

It was a hot dusty day at the Pony Express station. There were no packages coming and the riders were getting antsy. Jesse, the youngest rider at age 16, was re-shoeing his pony, and Kale, Jesse’s older brother, was sitting on the porch watching the Texas dust blow. Jesse stood up, patted the pony and said, “Well Sarah, we are ready to go now.” He then walked to the water barrel and drank a large ladleful, liquid rolling down his shirt. Kale looked at the horizon and saw two dark silhouette’s approaching. “Hey Jesse!” Kale hollered, “I think a job’s a- comin’.” Jesse looked around the corner of the station to see the figures growing by the second. He quickly ate a biscuit, then stood on the porch watching as the men arrived. The men were obviously military, both wearing navy blue uniforms, their horses were stark black with manes and tales cut short. “What can we do for you’s today?” Kale asked. “We need you to deliver a package to Baton Rouge, Louisiana,” one of the men said.

The Hobbit ~ Beware!

I saw the first installment of the 'Hobbit' trilogy opening day yesterday. I was greatly saddened. It. Is. Bad. So bad that I wish I hadn't seen it. So bad, that I don't think I will waste my time on any of the future installments. Peter Jackson took a wonderful, complete, enjoyable story and adulterated it nearly beyond recognition. Now, before you think I am just a purist who despises change, I'm not! Yes, I read all the 'Lord of the Rings' books as well as 'The Hobbit' growing up, and I understand that things change when you are translating a story from book to movie. This went beyond that. I have many specific problems. Yes, that is a stream of dried bird poop on his face. First, they added Radagast the brown wizard. Why in the heck of all creation would someone think that was a good idea? Let's add a totally unnecessary character and side plot that only confuses the audience and draws away from the real focus! It was terrible from ev