Skip to main content

How To Know I'm Not Your Average Girl...

I have two trailers today. I actually laughed out loud to myself when I realized how different they are and that I was going to post about them at the same time! No one can honestly accuse me of having ordinary taste, that's for sure!


I am going to start with 'Escape Plan'. Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sylvester Stallone, together, escaping from prison. Trailer first!



It just looks so fun! I can't help myself. Seriously, I know that they have worked together on 'The Expendables' but those movies were too much for me. I can't get into them. This looks like it's a bit closer to my speed. It won't be super thought provoking and whatnot but this time I don't care! I love a good action romp and I think 'Escape Plan' will fit the bill quite nicely.

Now, in the complete opposite part of the cinema world, we have 'Austenland'.



Yes, it's a Jane Austin movie, sort of. Just to be clear, I am not one of those Austin obsessed girls. I read a couple of her books in High School and that was the end of it. This movie looks funny though! An Austin super-fan going to a paid role-play vacation while honestly looking for authentic romance? Funny, funny, funny. I think this will be a great Popcorn&Pajamas movie. There is a time and place for movies like this and I am excited for 'Austenland'.

UPDATE: I have since seen 'Austenland' and written a review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saving Mr. Banks ~ Delightful!

Yesterday afternoon, I walked into my local theatre to watch 'Saving Mr. Banks'. I didn't exactly know what to expect because I had heard some clashing reviews on the subject. I did have high hopes which I expressed in my previous post. I left the theatre about as pleased as I can possibly be with a movie watching experience! I absolutely adore this film!

'Saving Mr. Banks', as you probably know, is the story of how Walt Disney and his team managed to create the beloved 'Mary Poppins' film. A major part of this conquest was convincing the author to sign over the rights to the story! Throughout the movie you watch flashbacks to the authors childhood where the real life inspiration of 'Mary Poppins' takes place. Let me tell you, it is an engrossing and totally immersive situation!

Part of what makes this movie so fantastic is the perfect casting. I loved every single character. I'm not even exaggerating. Paul Giamatti was a true delight every mome…

The Hobbit ~ Beware!

I saw the first installment of the 'Hobbit' trilogy opening day yesterday. I was greatly saddened. It. Is. Bad. So bad that I wish I hadn't seen it. So bad, that I don't think I will waste my time on any of the future installments. Peter Jackson took a wonderful, complete, enjoyable story and adulterated it nearly beyond recognition. Now, before you think I am just a purist who despises change, I'm not! Yes, I read all the 'Lord of the Rings' books as well as 'The Hobbit' growing up, and I understand that things change when you are translating a story from book to movie. This went beyond that. I have many specific problems.



First, they added Radagast the brown wizard. Why in the heck of all creation would someone think that was a good idea? Let's add a totally unnecessary character and side plot that only confuses the audience and draws away from the real focus! It was terrible from every angle. His costume was tacky, his actions and presence we…

The Monuments Men ~ A Must See!

About a week ago 'The Monuments Men' hit the theatres. I have been anticipating this film for so long and finally I have seen it! Best of all, it did not disappoint! I first showed you the trailer back in August. This has been a long time coming! Time to get down to business.

'The Monuments Men' is a movie about a small group of art scholars, historians, and the like trying to save as much art from the Nazis as possible. Naturally, this is set in WWII. The cast is star studded and primed for a great performance!

This is a calm mature movie. it isn't going to shock or thrill you with flash and pomp. The story and emotion will suffice perfectly. That and the fact that visually, it's absolutely incredible! The detail as well as the grand images are both exacted with such correct perfection. I was pleased with every, single, second.

It would be rather redundant to go ever the fact that a cast filled with old pros and veterans knocked it out of the park. I do want t…